[rabbitmq-discuss] .erlang.cookie wont change for clustering

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 2 19:35:18 BST 2012

Perhaps my response didn't make sense, or you're only checking the google group, which is a bad idea as it's not an official one.

You *already have* a rabbit running - that's what the error message means. So you need to shut this down and restart it, at which point the new cookie will get picked up. `rabbitmqctl stop` first and then start rabbit using whatever mechanism you've used to start it in the past.

Cheers,
Tim