[rabbitmq-discuss] Crash when purging or deleting a queue with 10k messages

Sidnei da Silva sidnei.da.silva at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:06:45 GMT 2012

Hi there,

We're currently experiencing a crash while trying to either purge or delete
a persistent queue that's not in use anymore but contains about 10k
messages still. We're using the camqadm command from celery to perform the
purge as follows:

   http://paste.ubuntu.com/1377215/

After the 514 INTERNAL ERROR is returned we find that the rabbitmq-server
process has crashed and has to be started again. Here's some information
from the logs:

   http://paste.ubuntu.com/1377224/

For completeness, here's the output of rabbitmqctl report:

   http://paste.ubuntu.com/1377225/

This is using rabbitmq 2.8.4 on Ubuntu 12.04.

I'm tempted to upgrade to 2.9.x or 3.0.x to see if the problem goes away,
but would be nice if anyone could confirm this as something that might have
been fixed in one of those later releases.

-- Sidnei