[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq keepalive

Daniel Garcia daniel at danielgarcia.info
Mon Nov 12 04:04:54 GMT 2012

Hello,

I've seen discussion of this question before but I have not been able to
actually enable the keepalive setting in rabbitmq.conf. I've configured the
setting and  modified the linux settings. Can someone look at these
settings? What I am i doing wrong? I've also looked at
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/inet.html and attempted many variations on
setting the keepalive setting via the raw call also.

Regards,
Daniel

rabbitmq-env.conf:
RABBITMQ_NODE_IP_ADDRESS=192.168.122.71

rabbitmq.conf
[
    {rabbit, [{tcp_listen_options, [binary,
                     {packet, raw},
                     {reuseaddr, true},
                     {backlog, 128},
                     {nodelay, true},
                     {exit_on_close, false},
                     {keepalive, true}
                     ]
             }]
    }
].

Linux Settings:
root at testu1:/root# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time
10
root at testu1:/root# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_intvl
10
root at testu1:/root# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_probes
2

script to stop traffic:
/sbin/iptables -F
/sbin/iptables -P INPUT DROP
/sbin/iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
/sbin/iptables -P FORWARD DROP
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT