[rabbitmq-discuss] Two-way federation?

michi.oshima moshima at advent.com
Wed Nov 7 22:48:14 GMT 2012

Hi,

I've managed to get federation plugin to work.  I've setup a federated
exchange on RabbitMQ instance A that is federated with an upstream exchange
on RabbitMQ instance B.  (I hope I'm saying this correctly.)

I sent messages to the upstream exchange on B, and I received them from a
queue connected to the federated exchange on A.

I would like to also publish a message on the federated exchange on A and
receive the message on the upstream exchange on B.  I tried this, but it
didn't work.  (Am I doing something wrong?)  I'm thinking this must be
what's meant by federation link being "one way".  (Am I wrong?)

How should I best go about implementing this two-way federation?  That is in
addition to receiving messages from upstream exchange, I'd like to also send
messages to upstream exchange by publishing the messages to the federated
exchange.

Thanks,

Michi Oshima