[rabbitmq-discuss] WinXP Embedded - Interactive Server works, Service does not.

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 5 19:29:27 GMT 2012

Daniel,

On 05/11/12 19:10, Daniel Lewis wrote:
> This is the message that comes from redirecting the command output
> to NUL - If I remove this redirect, the message goes away.

That doesn't make any sense. I can't see how an output redirect to NUL
would cause a command to fail that succeeds otherwise. Unless the
parsing of the entire preceding command line is garbled so the system
isn't actually interpreting the redirect correctly.

> I did notice the message that "The system cannot find the file
> specified" even when I installed on my Windows 7 machine

Ditto.

> After the substitutions, the commands in the rabbitmq-service.bat
> are invoked like this: For the add:
> c:\progra~1\ticketmaster\tmds\erlang\erts-5.9.2\bin\erlserv add
> RabbitMQ

I'd like to see the *whole* 'set' (not 'add') command.

Also, if you still have your working Windows 7 install, please post the
output from 'rabbitmq-service.bat list' there - as Simon said, the
output of that on the WinXP-embedded system looks very odd.

Regards,

Matthias.