[rabbitmq-discuss] Windows service recovery

Lior Barnea Barnea at 3i-mind.com
Mon May 28 14:46:24 BST 2012

"Based on this reading, it ought to be 'possible' to verify that an instance is still up, but I'm a little unclear on how you would confirm that the said program was the one that erlsrv 'ought' to be monitoring. "

This is even worse, cause if I run some other erl process and both erlsrv process and rabbitMQ's erl process goes down it is possible that erlsrv will fail to spawn rabbitMQ for no reason...

A possible solution - erlsrv will save (On disk for example) the PID the erl.exe it needs to monitor and on startup, if there is an erl.exe with the same PID, it is the one.