[rabbitmq-discuss] Windows service recovery

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 28 13:14:23 BST 2012

On 28/05/12 09:02, Lior Barnea wrote:
> I want it to start successfully and monitor the existing rabbitMQ process, exiting/failing means no watchdog for the "next real" rabbitMQ failure.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but my reading of erlsrv is that it *is* the service
instance, so I'm not sure how you're going to get around this. The
question I've got is, in what scenario do you foresee the erlsrv process
exiting without taking the erl.exe process down with it, apart from one
in which you're explicitly killing erlsrv.exe yourself?