[rabbitmq-discuss] Example of FIX over AMQP

Steve Barlow steve.barlow at argondesign.com
Fri May 25 18:39:26 BST 2012

Dear John,

I'm looking for what you would see on the wire if you used FIX application messages transported over AMQP. That way I can test recognition of FIX in a full situation with all the layers.

As I understand it people would now mainly do this with FIX 5.0 or FIXML but might also send earlier versions of FIX which include session information that would be ignored or just used as a check. My preference is for an example with FIX 5.0.

I also understood that AMQP is transported over TCP and can use SSL. To see what is going on I need an example without SSL.

So the ideal would be a .pcap file of a FIX 5.0 session over AMQP over TCP without SSL.

Kind regards,

Steve Barlow.