[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET DefaultBasicConsumer / BasicQueuingConsumer and 'noack' scenarios

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 25 16:57:51 BST 2012

On 25/05/12 16:42, Simon Thorogood wrote:
> Thanks Tim - had missed the BasicAck.
>
> It looks like when I remove basicQos and BasicAck calls that the
> QueueingBasicConsumer works fine but keeps reading from the Rabbit
> queue into the internal buffer queue indefinitely (I have set up a
> test case where the consumer struggles to keep up with the loader).
>
> Would you recommend using DefaultBasicConsumer in this case? or
> createing a custom Queueing consumer?
>
> Basically, I am keen to use BasicQos  when we can, but would also like
> to limit de-queuing of unprocessed messages in non 'ack'' scenarios.

In this case, it sounds like a custom consumer would serve you better,
as you'd have more fine grained control. Perhaps one of the developers
more experienced with the client(s) will chime in here and confirm
whether or not this is something that can be 'twiddled' with the
DefaultBasicConsumer however.

Cheers,
Tim