[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustered server doesn't permit local connections

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 23 17:50:38 BST 2012

Damn, this is a bug :( I've replicated it.

It occurs when you bring up a new node in an existing cluster, and that
node is sufficiently short of memory or disc space that the memory or
disc space alarm goes off immediately. It does not occur when an alarm
goes off after the node has started.

I believe it should only manifest on the new node. Certainly that's what
I'm seeing. But the node never recovers. And a running node should not
be able to get into this state.

The workaround is to ensure your nodes have enough memory and disc space
when they start.

Needless to say, we will fix this in a new release soon.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware