[rabbitmq-discuss] stomp+ssl message send works, receive hangs after around 200-300 messages

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 23 16:52:13 BST 2012

Michael,

Thanks for the update. Can you be a little more specific about the
set-up that fails?

In particular I would like to know:

-  the version of Erlang you are using, and the (v)hardware you are
   running RabbitMQ on (a copy of the startup log would be nice);

-  if the problem is noticed on a non-ssl connection (if you can try
   this) -- we haven't seen this particular problem on our tests;

-  are there any messages in the rabbitmq log around the time the
   message delivery stops?

-  can you provide more details about the topic subscription --
   is this a durable subscription, for example;

-  and do the acknowledgements actually get through (you can tell this
   if messages you think you have consumed are redelivered on
   reconnect)?

We have recently discovered (and fixed) a bug in the STOMP client that
will stop the broker seeing the last message sent (under load). It is
possible that, if pre-fetch is set to 1, this is causing you to jam
up -- the STOMP code may not be detecting your last acknowledgement. To
confirm this, please try this with a pre-fetch count of zero (or 2 or
more) and see if you still get the lock-up.

I hope we can get to the bottom of this.
Steve Powell  (a happy bunny)
----------yet more definitions from the SPD----------
corrugate (n.) T.V. soap scandal.
olympic (n.) A camp road-digger.
jamboree (n.) A conserve made from French cheese.