[rabbitmq-discuss] is mine normal, fast, or lame ?

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 23 13:31:08 BST 2012

On 21/05/12 14:58, bino at indoakses-online.com wrote:
> Dear Tim and All
>
>> (tim wrote)
>> So this all depends on your configuration. There are a few things you
>> can look at - can you post the whole configuration you\'re using
>> (scrubbed of any private data if that\'s applicable) so we can take a look?
>>
> Thankyou for your response
>
> Here I post the config at pastebin : http://pastebin.com/8pqJikF9
>
> Note that there is fleet_shovel1 -- fleet_shovel5, different name but
> identical configs
Hi Bino. A couple of things stand out from this config as pretty odd.
Firstly, why have 5 different shovels, instead of 1 shovel with 5
sources and 1 destination? Also if all 5 sources are the same but
configured in different shovels, then you're going to loose any ordering
guarantees you might have expected to have - not sure if this is what
you intended or not?

You should also consider setting a prefetch count, as the consumer could
possibly be coming under strain without this.

I've also posted a question regarding your previous message.

Cheers,
Tim