[rabbitmq-discuss] Highly Available Cluster

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 21 13:26:52 BST 2012

On 21/05/12 13:00, stone wrote:
> Hi Simon
>
> Does it has to be exactly the reversed order to start all the nodes in
> case more than two nodes in a cluster ?
> And if all the nodes are stopped, how do I tell in which order should
> they be started ? check the logs ?

The important thing is that the last node to go down gets started first.
This is imposed by mnesia for the simple reason that the last node will
have the most recent data, and the others will be able to synchronize
after him. It doesn't matter if the others are started in a different order.

The next question might be "what if for some reason I can't restart that
node"? In that case right now the situation is pretty ugly and there
isn't an easy way out. We're planning to solve this in the next release.

Francesco.