[rabbitmq-discuss] unable to join cluster - mnesia func aborted

Rader Lei rader.net at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:13:09 BST 2012

i have a cluster of 3 rabbimtmq servers on windows 2008 and 2003. they
works fine. Then I set up a rabbitmq server on Ubuntu 11. when i try to add
the new rabbitmq node into the cluster, i get an error - "unable to join
the cluster". The log file looks fine, no error message. I can access the
cluster master node with command "rabbitmqctl -n rabbit at CNCDS131 status". I
have no idea why this error happen:(

Here is the error:

leid at yud-vm:~$ sudo rabbitmqctl cluster rabbit at CNCDS131
Clustering node 'rabbit at yud-vm' with [rabbit at CNCDS131] ...
Error: {unable_to_join_cluster,
           [rabbit at CNCDS131],
           {aborted,
               {function_clause,
                   [{mnesia_schema,cs2list,
                        [{cstruct,schema,set,
                             [rabbit at STARS110,rabbit at CNCDS108],
                             [rabbit at CNCDS131],
                             [],0,read_write,false,[],[],false,schema,
                             [table,cstruct],
                             [],[],[],
                             {{1336,728415,425002},rabbit at CNCDS131},
                             {{24,0},
                              {rabbit at CNCDS131,{1337,582820,591922}}}}]},
                    {mnesia_schema,do_merge_schema,0},
                    {mnesia_tm,apply_fun,3},
                    {mnesia_tm,execute_transaction,5},
                    {mnesia_schema,schema_coordinator,3}]}}}

Here is the log: