[rabbitmq-discuss] Read-only access to STOMP topic

Clay McClure clay at sseband.com
Fri May 18 15:43:32 BST 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Steve Powell <steve at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Steve.

Please can you tell us what version of RabbitMQ+ STOMP you are using?

On Ubuntu 11.10:

ii  rabbitmq-erlang-client           2.5.0+hg20110623-0ubuntu1
  Erlang client for RabbitMQ
ii  rabbitmq-plugins-common          0.0.1-0ubuntu4
 configuration file for rabbitmq-server
ii  rabbitmq-server                  2.5.0-1ubuntu2
 An AMQP server written in Erlang
ii  rabbitmq-stomp                   2.5.0+hg20110623-0ubuntu1
  A STOMP gateway for RabbitMQ

This appears to be quite old, but it has the benefit of starting correctly,
whereas I couldn't get 2.8.2 to start once the stomp plugin had been
activated, and googling for a solution proved fruitless. I may attempt that
again, though, in light of the message loss bug.

My colleague (Matthias) pointed out that a receipt on an explicit
> DISCONNECT in the publishers would be as effective, and rather cleaner
> code. Please let us know if this helps.

I'll give that a shot, too. I'm not sure my client library supports
receipts, but at the least I can issue a DISCONNECT in the publishers.

Cheers,

Clay