[rabbitmq-discuss] question, Shovel : different queue name between source and destination

Brendan Hay brendan at soundcloud.com
Fri May 18 13:00:55 BST 2012

In fairness, I probably over complicated things by trying to be as explicit
as possible with the config.
But here is my updated gist containing a 'publish_fields' addition to
ensure the messages go to the destination exchange:
https://gist.github.com/2723964

With that adjustment, you should be able to publish a message to
'source_exchange' without a routing key, and have it turn up in
'destination_queue'.

Here are also a couple of things you can do to assist in debugging shovel
problems:

Firstly tailing the logs under /var/log/rabbitmq will show any specific
authentication/vhost errors the shovel has while starting up.

The shovel management plugin can be enabled via: rabbitmq-plugins enable
rabbitmq_shovel_management
This will let you see the status of the shovel via a tab in the management
ui.

PS. If you are running the shovel plugin as either the source or
destination for the configuration then you can specify the amqp uri as just
"amqp://".
The shovel plugin will then use guest on vhost '/' via the amqp direct
connection - this is a good. You can read more about the direct connection
here: http://www.rabbitmq.com/erlang-client-user-guide.html#model