[rabbitmq-discuss] Disk space monitoring watermark issue on 2.8.2

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri May 18 10:56:52 BST 2012

Hi,

On 18/05/12 02:00, Roshan Pradeep wrote:
> In addition to the same issue, when I publishing high rate of messages,
> the yelllow box is on for the connection side and it says "Publishing
> rate recently restricted by server".

This means that your publishers are sending messages too fast for the
queues to keep up. More details can be found here:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory.html#per-connection

>     Today I upgrade our local development RabbitMQ cluster to it's 2.8.2
>     new version. After checking cluster through monitoring tool I
>     noticed some red boxes for diskspace watermark. I found this feature
>     in the RabbitMQ documentation and could someone please explain me
>     how this feature really works/importance in production environment.
>     Because on my production it is 2.7.1 installed.

Disk free space monitoring is a new feature in v2.8.2. By default this
will block producers if you have less free disk space (in the partition
RabbitMQ is using) than RAM. See here for details:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory.html#diskfreesup

-Emile