[rabbitmq-discuss] question : how to speed up the worker ?

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Wed May 16 09:56:22 BST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM, bino oetomo <bino at indoakses-online.com>wrote:

> Is there any potential that a single msg is consumed by multiple worker ?

Quick answer: No. If RabbitMQ sends a message to worker A then it won't be
sent to worker B, unless…

The message goes back to the queue, due to a basic reject for example, or a
consumer that crashed and didn't ack the message.

So basically message X from queue Y won't be at the same time in two
consumers. Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

-Alvaro