[rabbitmq-discuss] question : how to speed up the worker ?

bino oetomo bino at indoakses-online.com
Wed May 16 09:36:13 BST 2012

Dear All,
Based on the 'sender' and 'worker' at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-two-python.html ,
I wrote a small script.

1. Sender : Basically it just add a msg to the mq every 1 second.
Actualy, it's part of my python-twisted script.
The script just forward any msg comming trough my serial port to the MQ
I connect my Arduino to my SerialPort, and it send msg every 1 seconds

2. Worker : just to read stored msg , and print each to stdout.
it just a plain copy-paste from the example.

The sender is work fine.

But the worker need to wait a couple of seconds to read the next msg.

Kindly please give me your enlightment on what to do to make the worker
not to delay between every loop/read.
Actualy , soon I'll need the worker to make 'paralel' work (if it
doable), since this solution will need to forward queued msg to a HTTP
server.
In my deployment plan, the queued msg potentialy will reach 7000 msg and
up (1 msg per second, 2 or more working hour)

Sincerely
-bino-