[rabbitmq-discuss] What is ticket object, and how does it get created?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon May 14 20:37:17 BST 2012

On 14/05/2012 5:59PM, McMahon, James S (TASC) wrote:
> The following sample code refers to an object "ticket", but I have not
> been able to find any examples of how ticket gets created, or what it
> represents. I found in the AMQP docs that it is an integer, but that is
> all. Can anyone provide me with an example of how to create ticket, and
> what it represents?

I assume that must be very old sample code? AMQP 0-8 originally
introduced the idea of a ticket as a token generated by the server
representing a cached set of permissions after you had logged in. Or
something, it was a rather dubious idea.

It was deprecated in 0-9-1 and RabbitMQ >= 2.0.0 will ignore it even
when talking AMQP 0-8. Your client API should have removed references to
it by now, but if you are using an elderly client for some reason, just
pass 0.

Cheers, Simon