[rabbitmq-discuss] Active Queue Management

Holger Hoffstaette holger.hoffstaette at googlemail.com
Fri May 11 13:36:53 BST 2012

On Fri, 11 May 2012 12:20:37 +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 02:16:03PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:
>> I'm actually in the process of implementing CoDel in the Java client.
>
> Which I've done, and blogged about:
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/05/11/some-queuing-theory-throughput-latency-and-bandwidth/
>
> It seems to work quite nicely for the use cases it's intended for. As
> ever, all feedback welcome (along with ports to other languages!).

Nice! Maybe prefer nanoTime() in Delivery() and dequeued(), as otherwise
you will probably see issues with clock granularity and jumps. Should not
be a problem as you only need relative time, and nanoTime is (de facto)
monotonic, though unfortunately a bit more expensive to call.
The Linux kernel module implementation landed yesterday as well, maybe you
want to double-check: http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg198099.html

-h