[rabbitmq-discuss] Stomp Javascript Client

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:35:52 BST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Uday Subbarayan
<uday.subbarayan at yahoo.com> wrote:
>    I looked at the Rabbit MQ Stomp adapter:
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html
>
> We should be able to push messages directly from RabbitMQ/Stomp to browser
> if we have a Javascript client which can connect to Rabbit. Am I correct? We
> don't need Node.js as a broker in the middle, right?

Uday,

I'm not sure how familiar you are with our build process, but we have a
RabbitMQ-Web-Stomp plugin in the works, which does exactly what
you want - exposes STOMP by using SockJS (ie: websockets).

Take a look at the code:
  https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-web-stomp
  https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-web-stomp-examples

Alternatively, wait until we'll formally release it :)

Cheers,
    Marek