[rabbitmq-discuss] Stomp Javascript Client

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 9 16:06:58 BST 2012

Hi Uday,

The STOMP plugin enables any STOMP client to communicate with a RabbitMQ
broker using the simple STOMP protocol.

'Connect to Rabbit with a * client' normally means using AMQP, and
doesn't need to involve STOMP.

If the browser can be made to send STOMP frames and receive STOMP frames
then it can talk to RabbitMQ+STOMP broker but may not need any
Rabbit-specific code in the browser at all.

Steve Powell  (a happy bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
chinchilla (n.) Cooling device for the lower jaw.
socialcast (n.) Someone to whom everyone is speaking but nobody likes.
literacy (n.) A textually transmitted disease usually contracted in childhood.