[rabbitmq-discuss] Request Handshake Timeout Increase

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 8 16:16:07 BST 2012

Hi James,

On 08/05/12 15:42, james.poole at rsa.com wrote:
> My question is this… Is there any way we could have the handshake
> timeout increased to something higher (20 seconds?) when SSL is
> enabled?  This would save us a lot of hassle explaining to customers why
> communications fail and requiring them to enable the AD policy exception.

There is an SSL timeout of 5s defined here:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/e852cd4060d3/src/rabbit_networking.erl#l39

and a generic AMQP handshake timeout of 10s here:

 http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/e852cd4060d3/src/rabbit_reader.erl#l30

Neither of these are configurable values at present, so experimenting
will require recompiling the broker.

-Emile