[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.8.2 Disk Space Monitoring issue

Francis Ridder francis.ridder at gmail.com
Sat May 5 00:52:06 BST 2012

Hello,
       I ran into an issue with the Disk Space monitoring. By default
it is set to 1.0x RAM however this default does not work if you have
more RAM than disk space. The box that our rabbit runs on has more ram
then disk space
so with 2.8.2 we get
 {disk_free_limit,76171264000},
 {disk_free,62065946624},
disk 63gb ... ram 72GB
as such we get a "Disk free space limit now exceeded. Free
bytes:62065909760 Limit:76171264000" immediately on startup. We fixed
it by setting the diskpace to 50% of ram. Is there a particular reason
why you would want space free to be more than 1.0 RAM or is it meant
to be a sensible default?