[rabbitmq-discuss] .Net client DeclareQueue durable queue, queue is deleted after the client application exits.

Zongyong Zheng zongyong at gmail.com
Fri May 4 20:47:52 BST 2012

Hi,

I am new to RabbitMQ. I used the RabbitMQ 2.8.1 .Net client in my
client application to connect the RabbitMQ server. I did declare my
queue is durable = true, auto-delete=false, exclusive = false. then
bind the queue to an existing exchange. After the client application
terminates, the queue got deleted. Why did it get deleted even I
declared it durable?  I need the queue to be durable, so that after
client application restarts, the subscription to the queue will work.

I knew if I can manually create the queue via RabbitMQ management http
API on the RabbitMQ server, the queue will be durable. However, this
workaround is not acceptable to me.

I have to use the .Net client to create a durable queue. Any help will
be appreciated.

Thanks,

James