[rabbitmq-discuss] RFC - new exchange type idea

Ask Solem ask at celeryproject.org
Thu May 3 22:21:11 BST 2012

On 27 Apr 2012, at 16:18, Alvaro Videla wrote:

>> All of these projects are motivated by ease of use and a simple API.
>> Let's make Rabbit easier to use.

I have been hard at work lately trying to make Celery easier
to use.  A new API has been in the works for a long time,
as I've "silently" replaced things behind the scenes.

Many seem to think that task queues is an easy problem where
all you need is a few list operations.  That may be true in
some cases, but you are likely to meet challenges down the road
that we have already solved, and for operations it is very
valuable to have a common base to share knowledge and tools
around.

I understand that Celery+RabbitMQ may seem like a hard beast
to tame, so I want to make it easier to get started with.
I'm converting the documentation to use the new API,
and I'm writing a new tutorial, so stay tuned!

--
Ask Solem
twitter.com/asksol | +44 (0)7713357179