[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP.BasicProperties.setMessageId() deprecated

m.luchak at smartasking.com m.luchak at smartasking.com
Thu May 3 16:38:49 BST 2012

Hey All,

I am attempting to set the message ID (on a producer) and see that AMQP.BasicProperties.setMessageId() is deprecated.  I believe that I should/could be using builder but the messageID is returning as null.

 AMQP.BasicProperties props = new AMQP.BasicProperties();
  props.builder().messageId(" yadada ");
  props.builder().build();

channel.basicPublish(EXCHANGE_NAME, routingKey, props, message.getBytes());

does not return a messageID using:

  QueueingConsumer.Delivery delivery = consumer.nextDelivery();
  delivery.getProperties().getMessageId()

Using the deprecated AMQP.BasicProperties.setMessageId() works fine:
 props.setMessageId("yadada");

can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks,
Matthew