[rabbitmq-discuss] broken release?

Aryeh Leib Taurog vim at aryehleib.com
Thu May 3 12:29:03 BST 2012

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 11:19:33AM +0100, Emile Joubert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe my colleagues Matthias and Simon have correctly identified the
> problem: your /var partition is too small. You need to store data in a
> larger partition or reduce the free space limit.

Yes, I see.  I upgraded back to 2.8.2 and after adjusting the
disk_free_limit it does indeed work.  Thank you all.

Is there any way to detect in the publisher whether or not messages
are actually being queued?  With pika 0.9.5, as I mentioned, there was
no indication of failure on either client.

Is there a way to move the location on disk somewhere other than /var?

Would it be possible to configure RabbitMQ to discard *oldest*
messages as opposed to *newest* messages in situations where there
isn't enough memory?  I believe that qpid for example uses some kind
of circular buffer for message transport, so that would happen by
default.

Is there any way I could receive an alert, say by e-mail, or at least
on some message queue, when flow-control events occur?  All I see
regarding 'monitoring' in the documentation are interactive tools.
I would want to be alerted if:

 * Memory usage exceeds a certain level
 * Messages are paged to disk
 * Disk usage exceeds a certain level