[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server cannot start

Oliveira, Glenn glenn.oliveira at lmco.com
Wed May 2 19:43:03 BST 2012

We are having problems restarting the rabbitmq server.

/sbin/service rabbitmq-server start

(returns)

Starting ..FAILED check /var/log/startup[_log , _err]

The _err file says the erlang crash dump written to erl_crash.dump.  What do I need to look for in this file? I didn't see any specific message that indicated a specific problem.  Unfortuately, the erl_crash.dump resides on a Linux RHEL5 server NOT on the internet.

Prior to the "crash", I did a "force_reset" without doing a "stop_app".

How can I restart rabbitmq-server?

Thanks,
Glenn  (720-922-5963)