[rabbitmq-discuss] log process

Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) andrea.rosa at hp.com
Thu May 3 10:15:29 BST 2012

Matthias,

>What log entries were you expecting to see during the 5 days since the
>log was rolled to .1? ? AMQP connect/disconnect events?
>
>Did the log rotation work fine previously?
>
>One thing to try is performing a manual log rotation with
>
>   sudo mv /var/log/rabbitmq/<node>.log /var/log/rabbmitq/<node>.bak
>   sudo /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server rotate-logs
>
>and then do something that normally results in a log entry, e.g.
>establish an AMQP connection. That *should* re-create the .log file,
>containing the expected entry.

The log rotation work fine previously and also after that day, it seems that it was a sporadic case.
I am just curious to understand if the logging is executed by a separate process, because the server didn't produce log but it was still working for at least 4 days, then we discovered an issue and we restarted the server.

Thanks for your time
--
Andrea