[rabbitmq-discuss] Scheduled Message Delivery

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 30 11:29:18 BST 2012

Fascinating James,

I think the reason the queue stays around (even though you specify
auto-delete) is because auto-delete on queues is designed to be
triggered when the last consumer is cancelled. If there are never any
consumers for the queue this event never occurs and the queue stays
around. (If this wasn't the case, an auto-delete queue could disappear
as soon as it was created!). It's all in the spec  :-)

Steve Powell
steve at rabbitmq.com
[wrk: +44-2380-111-528] [mob: +44-7815-838-558]