[rabbitmq-discuss] nagios snmp plugin for version 2.8.1?

Jerry Kuch jerryk at vmware.com
Tue Mar 27 02:26:29 BST 2012

Hi, Henri:

You might consider using the Rabbit management HTTP API from scripts that run
at Nagio's behest to monitor Rabbit.  The API exposes a huge wealth of info
on broker state and doesn't require you to add any plugins to the mix.

The very soon to release book "RabbitMQ in Action" by Williams and Videla (who
both lurk on this list) has a nice treatment of monitoring Rabbits in this way...
It's also currently available as a preview ebook, and I think their sample code
is on GitHub as well.

Best regards,
Jerry