[rabbitmq-discuss] Access for "external" users

Mikhail Sobolev mss at mawhrin.net
Fri Mar 23 18:34:19 GMT 2012

Hi Simon,

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:46:27AM +0000, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 22/03/12 19:10, Mikhail Sobolev wrote:
> >We use rabbitmq for message exchange in the internal system.  What we'd
> >like to do is to make it possible for "external" users to subscribe to
> >some of the messages.
> >
> >Could you please advise how to do that?:)
>
> It's not very clear what you're asking here.
I have realized that after having re-read the origin message :)  Thanks
for pointing that out.  Let me try again.

We have a system that publishes messages about "interesting" events to a
topic exchange (let's say 'happenings').

We'd like interested parties (= "external users") to:
    * be able to create a transient queue that is bound to this exchange
    * not be able to do anything else (create exchanges, create durable
      queues, publish messages)

Is it possible to use permissions system to limit a given login (since
we'd like them to use a common username/password) in such a way?

--
Misha