[rabbitmq-discuss] /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server startup script

Andrew Eells aeells at qmetric.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 16:07:10 GMT 2012

Hello,

I've recently upgraded from RabbitMQ v2.5.1 to v2.8.0 and having installed
via the Generic Linux tarball (as opposed to RPM) I'm wondering if there is
a server bootstrap startup script available, so as to run this as a
service? The script associated with the previous version no longer works.

It would be reasonably straightforward to write a simple one which just
launches the server detached, but I suspect I would lose some of the
functionality available, particularly around logging and locking that is
available in the previous script eg.

> echo "Usage: $0
{start|stop|status|rotate-logs|restart|condrestart|try-restart|reload|force-reload}"
>&2

Would appreciate any pointers as to best-practice with v2.8.0.

Thanks and regards,

Drew

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Policy Expert is a trading name of QMetric Group Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.  The registered company address of QMetric Group Limited is: 32-38 Dukes Place, London, EC3A 7LP and its company registration number is 07151701.