[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin browser issue on 2.8.0

SenseiC jay at custin.com
Tue Mar 20 18:58:09 GMT 2012

Yes.  I even tried/used restarting the RabbitMQ service from Windows
Services.  I included the comment about my notebook though omitted that I
even rebooted the notebook as a "last-ditch" effort.  No change.

BTW Since I hadn't DONE anything with RabbitMQ, my ACTUAL "installation"
method amounted to the following:

1. Shutdown RabbitMQ: Start Menu > All Programs > RabbitMQ Server > RabbitMQ
Service - stop
2. From the Windows Control Panel uninstall RabbitMQ
3. From Windows Explorer delete the entire %AppData%\RabbitMQ directory
4. Install RabbitMQ V2.8.0 by double-clicking on the install image
5. Verify that any references to RabbitMQ v2.7.x in any defined system
variables I changed to v2.8.0
6. Start RabbitMQ: Start Menu > All Programs > RabbitMQ Server > RabbitMQ
Service - start
7. Start Menu > All Programs > RabbitMQ Server > RabbitMQ Command Prompt
(sbin dir)
8. rabbitmq-plugins.bat enable rabbitmq_management
9. Start Menu > All Programs > RabbitMQ Server > RabbitMQ Service - stop
10. Start Menu > All Programs > RabbitMQ Server > RabbitMQ Service - start
11. From browser: http://localhost:55672/mgmt

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:55672.

Jay

Hi, Jay:

Have you made sure to follow the indicated instructions that should
appear onscreen when you enable the plugin with rabbitmq-plugins.bat,
namely:

"If you have RabbitMQ running as a service then you must"
                       " reinstall by running~n  rabbitmq-service.bat
stop~n"
                       "  rabbitmq-service.bat install~n"
                       "  rabbitmq-service.bat start~n~n

Best regards,