[rabbitmq-discuss] Simplest possible embedded message producer

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 15:06:45 GMT 2012

I'm not sure AMQP/rabbitmq-c client would be able to run on that
constrained of a system (someone else on this list might correct me though).

In general you're going to need a TCP/IP stack so you can connect to the
broker, then enough memory to hold a couple frames (the minimum frame size
is 4096 bytes).  You could probably do it with smaller buffers but it's not
something done with most client libraries.

If that all will fit in your constrained system, I would probably pick
apart the the rabbitmq-c library and pare it down to something that does
the minimum you need. Then again I'm not experienced with development of
embedded devices, so I'm not sure how people typically accomplish these
things.

HTH
-Alan