[rabbitmq-discuss] Customizing management plugin

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 16 10:30:12 GMT 2012

On 16/03/12 09:49, Dmitri Minaev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We normally monitor Rabbit queues using 'rabbitmqctl' like this:
>
> rabbitmqctl list_queues name messages_unacknowledged messages_ready
> messages durable auto_delete pid arguments consumers
>
> Seeing the number of consumers subscribed to each queue is very comfortable.
>
> I've enabled management plugin today to see how it feels. Brilliant.
> But it lacks that small feature, the number of consumers. Is there a
> way I can customize the plugin to change the displayed columns? If
> not, do you think it's possible to add the new column in the new
> release of the plugin?

Hmm. There's currently no way to customise the columns in the web UI. We
could add another column, but I'm already worried about the number of
columns in the queue list. I'll have a think about this.

Of course, this information is exposed by the underlying HTTP API, but
that's probably not what you're asking...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware