[rabbitmq-discuss] Experimenting with release candidates: RabbitMQ 2.7.9

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 15 17:00:05 GMT 2012

On 15/03/12 11:44, Steve Powell wrote:
> Logging ssl detail is a little scary; though the log could add some more
> information. We'll improve that.

Bah. I thought this was getting pushed through a generic login function
that would log failures. But no. Clearly the username should end up
somewhere.

> The DN/CN issues were discussed recently, but I'll leave it to Simon to
> explain our position on that.

It defaults to doing the best impersonation it can of a DN produced by
the OpenSSL's -nameopt RFC2253, and can be switched to using (a
concatenation of) the CN(s) with:

{rabbit, [{ssl_cert_login_from, common_name}]}

So if there's one thing I've learnt from this preview release thing,
it's that we also need a preview release of all the documentation. Hmm...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware