[rabbitmq-discuss] Throttling when Fast Producer, Slow Consumer

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 14 13:09:58 GMT 2012

On 14/03/12 13:04, Busoli, Simone wrote:
> In re to your last question, regardless of the exchange type and
> whether the exchange is durable or not messages with no destination
> are always discarded (although I think a dead letter mechanism is
> appearing soon)

Yes. Although the new dead letter mechanism has nothing to do with it;
that will allow you to reroute messages which get rejected, or expired
from a *queue*.

If you want to save "unrouted" messages that are sent to an exchange,
you can do that today (or indeed two years ago) - use the "alternate
exchange" feature to route messages to another exchange that always has
a queue bound to it.

http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#alternate-exchange

Cheers, Simon

--