[rabbitmq-discuss] Can RabbitMQ handle big messages?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonygarnockjones+rabbitmq at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:39:03 GMT 2012

On 12 March 2012 12:23, Zabrane Mickael <zabrane3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Matthew Sackman wrote:
>
> For those of us struggling to follow this, if you're currently in the
> act of receiving data from node X, why can't you assume node X is still
> alive? I.e. what is wrong with treating arbitrary data from node X as
> evidence it's still alive, in lieu of a heartbeat from node X?
>

> http://learnyousomeerlang.com/distribunomicon

Yes, that repeats the information that Irmo started this subthread with. It
doesn't address Matthew's question at all, though.

Perhaps the erlang list is a better place for us to be asking about this,
Matthew, since it's not directly about Rabbit - are you on that list? I'm
not currently subscribed.

Tony
--
Tony Garnock-Jones