[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-erlang-client - missing 1 message from queue ( consuming but not delivering to the subscribed process )

avnv virolord at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 22:56:34 GMT 2012

Hi All,

I have a small OTP App ( say node A), that subscribes to a RabbitMQ queue,
and also talks to another erlang node in another process ( node B ).

Now, sometimes the process hosting node B crashes for some reason, and my
node A gets a 'nodedown' message. Up till this point, consumption from
RabbitMQ works perfectly.

However, after my handle_info has finished processing the nodedown, if I
publish a message to the RabbitMQ queue, my app doesn't consume it.
However, all messages published after this one are consumed properly and
processed. However that 1 message remains in a message_unacknowledged state
in the queue, even though my handle_info refuses to have ever consumed it !

i.e: it looks like the message is being consumed from the queue, but not
delivered to the subscribed erlang process ( in case of my app, the
handle_info function ).

Is this a known issue in the client ? Can someone please help me with this ?

Rabbitmq server version : 2.7.1
Rabbitmq client version : 0.9.1 version of the AMQP protocol
Erlang: R15B

Since the other thread where I asked this was sorta hijacked, I'm creating
a new thread for this in case someone ends up seeing this.