[rabbitmq-discuss] MCollective + RabbitMQ + LDAP authentication issues

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 8 12:06:44 GMT 2012

On 05/03/12 20:07, E Raymond wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Thanks for the help! I realize the problem now, and wonder if there is
> an in between solution to this?
>
> I only want to authenticate the user through LDAP. I feel adding
> vhosts to OU's seems like a bulky solution, and would prefer to allow
> specific authenticated users to have to access to a specified vhost,
> and allow the resources to dictate what privileges they have.
>
> Is this possible?

What do you mean by "specified vhost"? Specified by static config or by
the LDAP server or something else? In the first case, something like

{vhost_access_query, {match, {string, "${vhost}"}, {string, "/"}}}

should work. In the second, an exists query as above is probably what
you want.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen