[rabbitmq-discuss] Lost message in 50k size range

John Reuning john at ibiblio.org
Tue Mar 6 18:13:42 GMT 2012

In this case, lost means the consumer never gets it.  I have a test
setup for debugging.  Both publisher and consumer are python/pika.
The publisher sends 2 messages -- one is a bson encoded python string
of length 49144, the other is 49145.  The consumer gets the first
message but not the second.  It's the same behavior for messages down
to 1 byte and up to a few 100 KB.  The failure point seems to be at
this 49145 length.

Other useful information may be that queue durability and message
delivery mode settings don't affect the behavior.  Also, your
suggestion of publishing to a consumerless queue didn't result in a
queued message, as far as I can tell.

I'm using the management and tracing plugins, turned on tracing, and
turned on pika debug logging.  I can't find any errors or indication
of why the message disappears or where it's going.  I'm not sure I
know the right places to look, though.

Thanks,

-John