[rabbitmq-discuss] Failure starting rabbitMQ broker

AlvinRMQ alvinzmho at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:35:21 GMT 2012

I have a 2 node rabbitMQ cluster that has been running for a few months. The
nodes restart every morning but today the master node failed to start
properly with the following error message in the erl_crash.dump:

=erl_crash_dump:0.1
Mon Feb 27 06:51:13 2012
Slogan: Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
({application_start_failure,kernel,{shutdown,{kernel,start,[normal,[]]}}})
System version: Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [smp:8:8] [rq:8]
[async-threads:30]
Compiled: Mon Oct  3 19:19:39 2011

http://old.nabble.com/file/p33397550/erl_crash.dump erl_crash.dump

However, I was able to make it start after rebooting the machine again. I am
running RabbitMQ 2.7.0 server on windows 7. I do not have experience with
erlang. Can someone please explain to me what the error message means?

Thanks.