[rabbitmq-discuss] building SimpleAmqpClient

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 04:59:00 GMT 2012

I use CMake's FindBoost.cmake module to find the boost libraries on the
system.  You can get a detailed description of all of the relavent
variables you can set using the following command:

$ cmake --help-module FindBoost

Variables that you'll want to consider setting:
Boost_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS - to whatever version of boost you have installed.
Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS - if you built boost statically (it defaults to
dynamic libraries)
BOOST_DIR - the path to wherever you put your built boost library, if it
isn't some place the compiler will find itself (LIB and LIBDIR variables
using MSVC)

You can also set Boost_DEBUG and Boost_DETAILED_FAILURE_MSG variables to
see how cmake is failing to find boost.

*For finding Rabbitmq-c* I wrote a FindRabbitmqc.cmake (in the Modules
directory).

It searches for the amqp.h file in:
${Rabbitmqc_DIR}/include
Then your system paths

If it doesn't pick it up automatically you set Rabbitmqc_INCLUDE_DIR to the
directory containing the amqp.h file by hand.

It searches for the rabbitmq library (librabbitmq.a/librabbitmq.so on *nix
rabbitmq.lib/.dll on windows) in:
${Rabbitmq_DIR}/lib
Then your system include paths

If it doesn't pick it up automatically, you can set Rabbitmqc_LIBRARY to
the filename of the library by hand.

Hope that helps.

-Alan