[rabbitmq-discuss] Symmetric federation behavior

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 1 15:15:35 GMT 2012

On 01/03/12 15:09, Busoli, Simone wrote:
> Thanks Simon, I'll look into the options you described. Out of
> curiosity, to someone who knows how the federation behavior is
> implemented in code, how feasible is it to change it to suite the
> scenario I've been describing if I started looking into it?

The main issue is that the decision needs to be handled upstream -
therefore the intermediate upstream exchange (currently a fanout) needs
to be something a bit smarter, so we need a new
x-federation-upstream-helper type or something. This then has knock on
effects in that it would be nice to still support the case where
federation is not installed upstream, so we need to detect this and fall
back.

The next release is likely within a week or so, so this will probably
not happen before then. But the release after that could easily include
this enhancement.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen