[rabbitmq-discuss] Question about disabling RabbitMQ SSL hostname check

Annie Chen achen at vmware.com
Thu Mar 1 03:24:29 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have question about how to disable hostname check in RabbitMQ SSL communication. I followed the SSL setup steps here: http://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html#keys-and-certs. I can run the Example2.java (ssl communication) without any issue.

However, I have a special requirement. RabbitMQ does check if the CN in the client's certificate matches its hostname. I'm wondering if there's config in rabbitMQ that can disable the check. I imagine it would be similar to the "System.Net.Security.SslPolicyErrors.RemoteCertificateNameMismatch flags" mentioned in the instruction. Any idea or reference will be very helpful since I'm new to RabbitMQ. (My environment is MAC OSX 10.6.8, and use Macports to install rabbitMQ.)

Thank you for your time and patience.
Annie