[rabbitmq-discuss] Working with federation with the rubyamqp client

Yoni Gozman potpockey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:02:52 BST 2012

Hey,ive set up 2 test rabbitmq servers on one machine,both on different
ports

one server configures the federation plugin to define the other one as an
upstream exchange.

after that is done,what do i need to do in order to be able to recieve
messages from the upstream exchange?
how do i reference the exchange?

if my define exchange is name 'yoni', i tried running channel.topic('yoni',
:auto_delete => true)
which is the exact same configuration i gave in the federation plugin
config,and in the server logs i get an erro that i am trying to re-define
the exchange with different attributes/properties.

on my downstream server,the one that defined the federation plugin,i
reference the exchange as well,and bind a queue to it with the binding key
'#' - meaning it should recieve all messages from the exchange,no matter
which routing key.

And ofcourse no messages are recieved.

Help will be appriciated,

Kindest Regards,