[rabbitmq-discuss] librabbitmq-c and amqp_channel_close

Brennan Sellner bsellner at seegrid.com
Fri Jun 22 16:45:23 BST 2012

Hi,

We've been using librabbitmq-c on our robots for the past several months
with a fair amount of success (we last synced to the repository on May
10th).  However, we're very occasionally seeing amqp_channel_close take
over 3 seconds to complete, when connected to an RMQ server on the same
machine via the loopback (127.0.0.1) interface.  I haven't been able to
reproduce it reliably, but it happens in production about once a day,
and our logging is pretty conclusive that this call is the culprit:

   amqp_channel_close ( m_Conn, subscriptionId, AMQP_REPLY_SUCCESS );

There don't appear to be any relevant messages in the RMQ server log.  I
had hoped to have a self-contained, reproducible example before posting,
but no dice so far.

Has anyone run into this before?  Any suggestions on how to debug it
further?  I've recently instrumented amqp_simple_rpc, but haven't had an
occurrence since I did so.

Thanks,

-Brennan